Wednesday, June 30, 2010

DIY: Maternity Dress


After my first DIY dress, I was really motivated to make more. My friend's been looking for a cute maternity dress. I did some research and realized that most maternity dresses are either too "mom" looking or they're too expensive. Trying not to go over my head with a complete new design. I used the same elastic waist and sleeveless top as my first dress. Instead of the big flap collar. I did a more tailored pleated effect. The fabric is a heavy weight jersey. The jersey itself has elasticity, so it will adjust itself as my friend's belly grows. I'm pretty happy with the result.


This is a cute dress I found on Etsy for $250!!!. The jersey fabric was $4/yrd and I used only 1 yard. Can't wait for my friend to wear it!

1 comment:

Cara713 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.